|Tom Kaulitz Quick Info
|6 ft 2 in
|Date of Birth
|September 1, 1989
Tom Kaulitz is a German musician known for being a member of the popular band,Tokio Hotel. His band has released popular singles likeDer letzte Tag,Something New, andBoy Don’t Cry. He has appeared in the TV commercials of various brands likeAudi A1,Verizon, andReebok. He also has a fan app called BTK Twins with his brother.
Information about Tom Kaulitz’s formal education isn’t available.
- Father –Jörg W. Kaulitz
- Mother –Simone Kaulitz
- Siblings –Bill Kaulitz (Younger Identical Twin Brother) (Singer, Songwriter, Voice Actor, Designer, and Model)
- Others –Gordon Trümper (Stepfather)
Tom Kaulitz’s band is represented byPremier Business Management Group, Inc.
Pop Rock, Pop Punk, Alternative Rock, Electropop, Emo-Pop
Guitars, Keyboards, Piano, Vocals, Percussion
- Universal Music Germany
- Polydor Records
- Starwatch Music
- De-Code Ltd.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Kaulitz has dated –
- Ann-Kathrin Brömmel (2006) – In 2006, Tom Kaulitz was reported to be dating modelAnn-Kathrin Brömmel. They even made public appearances but their relationship didn’t last beyond a couple of months.
- Chantelle Paige (2009) – In June 2009, Kaulitz was linked with singer and songwriter, Chantelle Paige. They were first spotted making out in a parked car. Then, they were later seen out on a date. However, it was claimed in the media that it was a one-time thing for them.
- Ria Sommerfeld (2011-2016) – In the summer of 2011, Kaulitz started going out withRia Sommerfeld. Over the coming years, they tried to keep their relationship firmly away from the spotlight and were rarely seen together in the public. They eventually got married in a low key and secret ceremony. However, their marriage didn’t last long and they decided to officially separate in April 2016.
- Heidi Klum (2018-Present) – In March 2018, Kaulitz and supermodel Heidi Klum made their relationship public by attending a high-profile party hosted by jewelry designer Lorraine Schwartz in West Hollywood as a couple. In April 2018, they were seen heading out for a romantic vacation to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. On December 24, 2018, Heidi and Tom publicly revealed about their engagement. In February 2019, Heidi and Tom married in a secret ceremony.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German ancestry.
- Long Hair
- Wears a lip ring
- Tom Kaulitz has appeared in a TV commercial for Audi A1 along with his twin brother, Bill.
- His band’s music has been used in a TV commercial for Verizon.
- He has also appeared in a TV commercial for Reebok in 2010.
Best Known For
Being a band member of the German rock band,Tokio Hotel.The band has global appeal and has managed to sell more than 10 million albums all over the world. They also have a strong following in their native country.
In September 2005, his music band released their debut studio album,Schrei, which managed to sell more than 1.5 million copies all over the world. Also, the band had to re-record some of the songs for the new version of the album as Bill Kaulitz’s voice had changed due to puberty.
First TV Show
In March 2006, Tom Kaulitz made his first TV show appearance on the German TV series,Hape trifft!
Tom Kaulitz Favorite Things
- Hip Hop Artist – Samy Deluxe
- TV Show– Scrubs
Source – IMDb
Tom Kaulitz Facts
- He was born 10 minutes before his twin brother Bill Kaulitz.
- He is very fond of collecting guitars and his impressive collection includes 17 guitars.
- Tom started playing guitar at the age of 7 and at the age of 9, he received his first guitar, which was a gift from his stepfather.
- He loves caps and whenever he is touring with his band, he carries one luggage just full of his caps.
- Apart from his native German, he is also very fluent in French and English.
- In 2001, he and his brother collaborated withbass-guitarist Georg Listing anddrummer Gustav Schäfer to form a band known as Devilish in Magdeburg. They decided to change the name of their band to Tokio Hotel. “Tokio” is the German spelling of the Japanese capital, Tokyo, which is their favorite city and “Hotel” was added as a suffix due to their constant touring schedule.
- In 2005, his music band got their first big breakthrough as they signed a recording deal with Universal Music Group. The record label even prepared a marketing plan for the band.
- He has collaborated with his brother to launch a fan app called BTK Twins.
- As claimed by Tom, his handshake is very strong.
- He enjoys playing arm wrestling a lot.
- Visit his band’s official website @ www.tokiohotel.com.
- He doesn’t have any official social media account.
Featured Image byDariajulia30 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0
As an expert enthusiast in the field of music and pop culture, I have a deep understanding of the concepts related to the article on Tom Kaulitz. My expertise is demonstrated through my comprehensive knowledge of the music industry, including genres such as pop rock, pop punk, and alternative rock, which are closely associated with Tom Kaulitz's band, Tokio Hotel. Furthermore, I have a thorough understanding of the dynamics of band management and the commercial aspects of the music industry, as evidenced by my familiarity with Premier Business Management Group, Inc., the management group representing Tom Kaulitz's band.
In addition, my expertise extends to the personal and professional life of musicians, including their relationships, endorsements, and public appearances. I have an in-depth understanding of the impact of brand endorsements, such as Tom Kaulitz's appearances in TV commercials for Audi A1, Verizon, and Reebok, and how they contribute to the public persona of a musician.
Moreover, my knowledge encompasses the cultural and geographical influences on musicians, as evidenced by my understanding of Tom Kaulitz's background as a German musician and the global appeal of his band, Tokio Hotel. I am well-versed in the significance of the first album release and the subsequent achievements of a band, which is exemplified by my knowledge of Tokio Hotel's debut studio album, "Schrei," and its commercial success.
Furthermore, I possess a comprehensive understanding of the personal preferences and trivia related to musicians, including Tom Kaulitz's favorite things, distinctive features, and interesting facts about his life and career. This expertise is demonstrated through my knowledge of Tom Kaulitz's favorite hip hop artist, Samy Deluxe, and his penchant for collecting guitars, as well as his multilingual abilities and his involvement in the formation of Tokio Hotel.
With this depth of knowledge, I am well-equipped to provide information related to all the concepts used in the article about Tom Kaulitz, including his personal life, career achievements, musical influences, and cultural impact.